Facebook’s Libra Crypto-Currency Round Table Discussion
November 11, 2019 @ 18:30 – 20:30
***You must register on Eventbrite to attend, see link below***
Light refreshments will be served!
Much ink has been spent on the advent of the Libra cryptocurrency launched by Facebook. From world giants joining the project to leaving the project, to government scrutiny for and against the project, there is much to consider.
Join us to discuss and share our and your views on this hot topic. From the impact of Libra on the world economy to its potential game-changing impact on the $200 Billion Crypto-economy.
Intro to TIF/ request for volunteers (TIF) – Description of TIF and ask for volunteers
• Stablecoins overview (TIF) – Definition of StableCoins
• Libra white paper examinations (TIF) – Overview of the whitepaper, questions for discussion (in progress)
• Why Libra (TIF) – Benefits of Libra, how this may change the stigma around crypto currencies
• Ecosystem of Libra StableCoin (TIF) – Industry partners, geographies, motivations
• Tether another stablecoin (VirgoCX)
• Understanding Fiat-Backed StableCoins vs. Crypto-Backed StableCoins (VirgoCX)
• Use case examinations for both types of StableCoins (VirgoCX)
• How the StableCoin ecosystem works for VirgoCx (VirgoCX)
• FX impact on trading (VirgoCX)
Attending team members include:
-Othalia Doe-Bruce, MBA, CIPM, CEDev, President at The Innovative Financier, CEO InnovFin Consulting Inc.
-Marek Laskowski, Phd, CTO at Noverra Capital, Advisor at The Innovative Financier
-Carlos Dominguez, Lead Cybersecurity Architect at RSA Canada, Emerging Tech & Insur-Tech Advisor at The Innovative Financier
-Linda Montgomery, CMO at Coinchange, Advisor at Blockstation (Security Token Offering Platform), Capital Market Advisor at The Innovative Financier
-Cassi-Ann Hutchinson, Nanotechnology Grad at University of Waterloo, Director of Events at The Innovative Financier
-Raghad AlKatib, MBA, CEO of Loomi, Loyalty Payment Platform, Director of Research & Communication at The Innovative Financier
-Uchenna Nwaehie, Design Expert, Crypto-Trader, Director of Design at The Innovative Financier
-Adam Cai, CEO at VirgoCX, Ex. VP of Research at Golden Wise Capital Mgt.
-Jonathan Han, MSc, Product Manager at VirgoCX, Ex. Associate at AgroCorp International
-Wei Chen, Marketing Manager at VirgoCX, Ex. Bank of Shanghai
-Liza Horowitz, MSc, CMO at VirgoCX, Ex. Insurance Broker at Financial Services Commission of Ontario
This is a joint event by the teams at The Innovative Financier (TIF) and VirgoCx ( Rapidly growing Stable Coins Exchange).
***To register for the event, you must sign up on Eventbrite and pay the $5 registration fee. The $5 will be reimbursed to all attendees who show up***
0 people are attending Facebook’s Libra Crypto-Currency Round Table Discussion